NDHM hosted FHIR terminology service

Is there a plan to host a public Terminology server by NDHM for common use by all FHIR implementations similar to Ontoserver : https://ontoserver.csiro.au/ As it stands Ontoserver caters to NCTS (Australia) & NHS (UK)

A common terminology service would use ‘India specific’ terminology for SNOMED, LOINC, ICD and so on… and also the ValueSets that are very specific to India only ?

If NDHM doesn’t plan on setting up one, can a private player be encouraged ?

Please provide guidance

1 Like

HI Venu ,

have you received any communication from NHA? Can we do this for community ?

Hi @ShinChan thank you for reaching out to me. I haven’t heard yet. Possibly because there are number of things going on in parallel. But I am aware NRCeS is actively developing CDCI - Consolidated drug codes of India based on SNOMED CT and will have an India extension for brands & generic medicines. While this has been in work for some time, there is a target to reach 200k entries of it. At the same there is some work going in the A-U-S (Ayurveda, Unani, Siddha) space to make SNOMED CT available for them. I am of the opinion that private players can offer a FHIR terminology when all these are done. We are working towards it. Let me know if you are interested to collaborate on this

Cheers,

Venu

Hi Venu, In a webinar conducted by NRCeS sometime back they had stated that the drugs codes based on SNOMED CT are available in form of Terminology Integrated Package and Flat Files Package. Maybe you would like to have a look at those. AYUSH extension has been made available and language extension is also there.

@Lokiaj yes I attended it and have a MLDS license from NRCeS. The current CDCI is ~ 30k. They want to get it to 200k. I am looking for a webinar on the Ayurveda package, although I believe this also needs lot of entries

@Venu_Gopal Are you working on building a terminology service?
If yes, then can you please give some highlights on this? if is it a commercial product then how we can consume it?