Gateway auth error - https://dev.ndhm.gov.in/gateway/v0.5/sessions

API - https://dev.ndhm.gov.in/gateway/v0.5/sessions
This gateway auth api is working properly when we run it on local or through Postman, however it is throwing below error on server.

error:
({‘message’: ‘abdm_gateway_authetication_error’}, 500)

Hi @RxOne, If it works on postman, it means the gateway is responding. Please check you firewall or if your server has whitelisting issues. Kindly request your infra/security team to check.
Please do let us know.
Thanks

Hi Team, I hope this message finds you well. I appreciate your prompt response regarding issue.

To provide further insight, I want to confirm that we have thoroughly checked our server’s firewall settings, and there are no indications of any blocking or whitelisting issues on our end.

Despite trying the API from various sources, we consistently encounter the ‘abdm_gateway_authentication_error’ with an HTTP status code of 500, indicating an internal server error. Based on our observations, it seems that the error originates from your server since the request reaches it successfully.

To proceed with the investigation, I kindly inquire whether you have implemented any specific firewall restrictions for certain IP addresses. Any information regarding firewall settings or IP restrictions on your side would be immensely helpful in troubleshooting the authentication problem.

Your prompt assistance in resolving this matter is highly appreciated. We value your support in resolving this issue promptly.

Thank you for your attention to this matter.

@RxOne There is no firewall restrictions from ABDM side. Please make sure while passing auth token , there should a space between Bearer and the token .

Hi Team,

As I mentioned before, the same API works fine when we run locally, however when we run it from a server such as Digital Ocean it gives: ‘abdm_gateway_authentication_error’. It seems to us that either ABDM server is blocking the request coming from our server or our SBX ID is denied.

Please we need your inputs as this is a blocker for us, and we are not able to integrate ABDM APIs. Could we please schedule a quick call, so we can demonstrate the issue and you can guide steps to resolve this issue?

@RxOne If you are working on postman, then the issue is from your side. Please check your firewall and infra.

@IntegrationSupport While we are trying to authenticate from the server we are getting this error

urllib3.exceptions.MaxRetryError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host=‘dev.ndhm.gov.in’, port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /gateway/v0.5/sessions (Caused by NewConnectionError(’<urllib3.connection.VerifiedHTTPSConnection object at 0x2ae2e76c76d0>: Failed to establish a new connection: [Errno -3] Temporary failure in name resolution’))

@RxOne Request you to please get your configuration checkesd from your infra team. This is not related to ABDM issue.

Dear @IntegrationSupport,
I trust this message finds you in good health. As per our recent interaction regarding the connection to our infra team, I would like to inform you that we are currently utilizing DigitalOcean as our server provider. Upon further investigation, it has come to our attention that although our server is located in India, it utilizes DNS resolvers provided by either the United States-based CloudFlare service or other US-based DNS resolvers, which have been experiencing issues.
Additionally, we have conducted a check on the URL “dev.abdm.gov.in” using a Global DNS checker and observed that while some regions are receiving responses, others appear to be experiencing restrictions. For your reference, we have attached a screenshot of a global map illustrating these regions.
Your prompt assistance in resolving this matter would be greatly appreciated.

@RxOne Hello. Please note that at any given point of time, the server location should be in India. From your message, we understand that the IP being allocated to you by the service provider is dynamic which may at times point to a location outside India. Request for a static IP in India domain for your application. Hope this helps.